Hydra Product Information
The Robot Power Hydra is a small low-cost high-performance triple channel H-bridge speed controller
for small robots, and other electrical loads.
It is designed for ant and beetle weight combat robots, R2D2 replicas, sumo robots, and other small
robots such as firefighting robots, maze solvers and carpet rovers. The Hydra is also suitable to
drive pneumatic valves, solenoids, relays and thermoelectric coolers.
The Hydra is designed to pack the highest power handling capability, flexibility of control and usability options
into the smallest package.
- Size: 2.0" x 2.1" x .5"
- Weight: 28.0 grams
- Standard R/C pulse format
- 6.0V to 28V battery voltage
- 6.5A continuous (8A peak) current on each channel.
- Fully reversible H-bridge design. Equal power handling in both directions on all three channels.
- Full current limiting and over temp limiting. This thing is nearly blow proof! Motors and batteries
are protected from dead short conditions.
- Two channels may be either mixed (throttle/steering) or separately controlled. Ideal for
skid steer vehicles/robots.
- Limit switch inputs to stop motion (AUX channel only) in one direction when closed. Motion is allowed
in the other direction.
- Indicator LED for speed and direction of motor on each channel
- Status LED status information and mode indications
- Receiver battery eliminator circuit (BEC) standard - may be disabled.
This can provide up to 100 mA of current at 5V to the RC receiver and other attached electronic circuits.
- Failsafe shuts off motors if R/C signal is lost
- Calibrate function to match unit to radio signal
range. Settings retained in EEPROM non-volatile storage.
- FLASH-based microcontroller with upgradeable software via in-circuit programming header
- Ceramic oscillator (crystal) for stable operation at all temperatures
- Capable of supporting I2C or serial command streams.
Serial not supported by stock R/C software but user may replace the stock code if desired. Contact us if you would like to
discuss custom software for your application.
- BEC loop may be clipped to disconnect on-board 5V regulator from RC cables
- MIX loop intact configures Mix-mode, clipped gives separate control of Channel 1 and 2
- CAL button controls radio calibration mode.
- LIM connector allows limit switches to be connected to control motion of Channel 3
- STAT LED indicates unit operating status and error conditions
Robot Power offers the Hydra fully assembled and ready to use.
Check the Web store for details on prices and special offers.
Copyright © 2001-2018 Robot Power
152 Smokey Terrace Ln, Weatherford, TX 76085 voice: 360-515-0691
Problems? Contact the Webmaster